Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Six tips on good blogging

I often wonder what it takes to be a good blogger. Since I started my blog three weeks ago I am enjoying it more and more. I must admit, however, there are times when I do not know what to write about. Because I consider myself to be a spiritual person, I tend to write mostly about spiritual things. It may not appeal to everyone and that's ok. I am sure there are those who are interested in the spiritual content. Since there are other areas of my life besides my spirituality, I also write on topics that pertains to those areas.

I wanted to learn from the pros about blogging and went searching for tips. I was impressed with Shannon Paul's blog on Problogger at www.problogger.net/archives/2009/03/27/six-very-official-ways-to-improve-your-writing/. In her blog she stated there are six things that make a person a good writer, they are:
  1. Stop trying to sound intelligent;
  2. Give yourself permission to write garbage;
  3. Be a ruthless editor;
  4. Use mighty verbs;
  5. Read aloud before posting;
  6. Do what works for you.

Blogging done well, she emphasized, has the power to engage, excite and evangelize people around a business or product like nothing else.

The idea is to hold people's interest so that they would want to follow your blog. It's like a Soap Opera. What one person might find interesting the other might not. From my point of view, people tend to follow blogs that entertain as well as educate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way