Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Monday, March 23, 2009

A good way to start the day

After I sat down this morning to have breakfast, I turned on the TV. Sanford and Son was on, a sitcom from the 70s. I had to be careful not to choke while laughing, as Fred, looking like Mohammed Ali, bouncing on his feet and making fists at the man that Donna (Fred’s fiancĂ©e) brought along with her when Fred invited her to dinner at his home. The man, apparently, is a patient who is in her care. The man makes it obvious he thinks of Donna as more than his nurse. Lamont tries to turn Fred’s mind against Donna after she told Fred she’s ashamed of his behaviour and left with the man. A few minutes later Donna returned and gave back the engagement ring to Fred. He later told her how much he loves her. She obviously was flattered. While they were embracing each other, Fred made a threatening fist to Lamont behind Donna's back after he walked in on them. Lamont then left.

That bit of comedy, along with the soothing sound of jazz and the beautiful sunshine, and above all a prayer to my Creator, put me in a good mood to start the day. The rest of the day went smoothly. Tonight I looked at Dancing with the Stars. I have a few favourites, Melissa is one of them, perhaps my most favourite. Some, I think, should not be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way