Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Day of Rest

Thank God for the Sabbath Day! God loves us so much that he not only sent his son to die for us, but he gave us a day on which we can rest from all our toils and labour. It's the only day that I can refrain from any kind of work and not feel guilty. I have his permission.

I went to church this morning. The pastor talked about longing for peace in a world of turmoil. He said that our leaders can either create wars or try to achieve peace, but because we live in a world of sin, that peace would not last. Only God, the Prince of Peace, can bring lasting peace. Most of us long for lasting peace. Sitting on a white sandy beach looking at the waves rolling towards the shore and looking at the blue skies gives us a feeling of peace, walking in a beautiful garden also gives us a feeling of peace, but that peace does not last. In the new earth there would be lasting peace.

I went for a long walk this afternoon, which is long over due. I said that because I spend countless hours during the week on the computer sending out resumes and updating my blog. I really should be taking a long walk every day. It's good for my health. As the temperature gets warmer I most certainly would be doing more walking and gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way