Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pineapple torte cake

I haven't baked anything in a long time, simply because I am trying desperately to keep the weight off. When I was in my twenties or even thirties I could have eaten anything. Times have changed. Whenever I baked a pineapple tote cake it would last only a day. My son would have a second and a third slice. Now that he is on his own I seem to bake less. I think it's time I bake one again, but this time instead of putting sugar I would substitute Splenda, since my mother cannot have sugar. She would be very happy. Here's the recipe:

Pineapple Torte Cake

2 cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp . baking soda
2 tsps. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
3 eggs
½ cup oil
1 tbs. lemon juice
¾ cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 cup crushed pineapple (well drained)
2 cups carrots
1 cup flake coconut
1 cup finely chopped almonds

Add lemon juice to milk in cup and set aside to sour
Sift together all dry ingredients - flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt
Beat together eggs, oil, sour milk and vanilla essence
Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well
Sitr in pineapple, carrots, coconut and almonds
Pour batter into greased and floured pan and bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 1 hour or until cake springs back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way