Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our destination depends on our choice















As I tarried along this morning on my usual walk around the neighborhood, I tried to tolerate the cold breeze as it beats against my face. I gazed at the dried plants and shrubs, their roots buried deep into the frozen ground waiting for the warm temperature so they can come alive again after a long and harsh winter. As I moved swiftly along, anxious to get back into my warm home, I couldn’t help but notice the figurines in people’s gardens. There was one that caught my attention, it was a little boy and girl sitting on a bench with the boy’s arm around the girl’s shoulder as he points to something far away. There was another one with a little boy carrying a little girl on his back. I thought they were so cute. The melodious sound of the chimes on people’s porches, as the wind tossed them back and forth, stole my attention.

As I continued to travel on my journey, it reminded me that life is a spiritual journey. We could walk that journey either on a broad and smooth road with no restrictions nor rules (everyone do as they please) which leads to hell and damnation, or it could be on the rough and narrow road with lots of rules and restrictions, which leads to the kingdom of God and eternal life. The choice is ours. Many people choose the broad road simply because it’s much easier. Our destination depends on our choice.

Knowing that Christ Jesus came to this earth for the purpose of dying for our sins and to redeem us is enough reason for me to choose the rough and narrow road. Being a Christian is the most difficult thing in the world. Only with God’s help can we overcome temptation and be successful as Christians. That’s why we need to put on the whole armor of God, which is his word. We're fighting a spiritual war against the devil. God's word is the only weapon against the devil. Therefore we need to pray and read his word daily so that we can be protected.

Ephesians 6: 11

Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.

Ephesians 6: 13

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time
of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way