Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Friday, April 10, 2009

A walk to the lake

It was a beautiful day today. I took a brisk walk down to the lake, which took me approximately 30 to 40 minutes going and coming. On my way there I passed joggers, cyclists and those who were in no hurry, like couples and families, some walking their dogs. I came to a bench and decided to sit for a while as I gazed at the water that looked like a sheet of glass. The story of Jesus walking on the water entered my thoughts. I wondered what feelings went through Peter when he took his first step in response to Jesus' request to come to him. He had to have had an enormous amount of faith to do so. It was not until he took his eyes off from Jesus that he began to sink. I guess we can all identify with that story in terms of our faith.

My thoughts drifted from that story to His Crucifixion - today being Good Friday is a perfect day to reflect on His Crucifixion. I thank God for sending His Son to die for me and for all of us. How can anyone think of Jesus as being a prophet is beyond me. If Jesus did not come to this earth and died for us, how else would we be saved? Matthew 27: 54 states ...."This man truly was the son of God"

Matthew 27:54 (Whole Chapter) - The Roman officer and the other soldiers at the crucifixion were terrified by the earthquake and all that had happened. They said, “This man truly was the Son of God!”

John 19:16 (Whole Chapter) - Then Pilate turned Jesus over to them to be crucified. [ The Crucifixion ] So they took Jesus away.

Mark 15:21 (Whole Chapter) - A passerby named Simon, who was from Cyrene, [ Cyrene was a city in northern Africa.] was coming in from the countryside just then, and the soldiers forced him to carry Jesus’ cross.

Luke 23:48 (Whole Chapter) - And when all the crowd that came to see the crucifixion saw what had happened, they went home in deep sorrow.

The link below is a youtube video of Jesus' crucifixion:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuat5MfE5F8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way