Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring cleaning

Spring is the time when most people give their homes a thorough cleaning, that's why it's called spring cleaning. They go through everything in their basement and garage and get rid of the things they no longer need, or they might have a garage sale.

I think I am going to search around my home for all items that are just sitting there collecting dust. Most of these items are in my basement where I stocked them three years ago when I moved. They might just bring me in some needed cash, especially at a time like now when things are pretty rough for me, financially. I look at some of these items and ask myself, what was I thinking of when I bought this. For instance, a few years ago I bought this treadmill for $100 from a shop that sells used items. I would guess the guy must have bought it for about $40-$50. I've stepped on it maybe three to four times. It's not electric and it takes so much energy to walk on it, since I have to use the strength of my legs to move it. I would almost take anything for it just so I can get it out of my sight.

Let’s see, where do I begin - Ebay might be a good place to start. I’ve never sold anything on Ebay before. Kijiji is another site where I can sell used things. What I cannot sell I will give away. I’ve given away a lot of used and unused items, especially clothes, over the years. I am one that does not like a lot of clutter, so that’s another reason to get rid of them.

There are some people who keeps everything, from bottles to magazines to…., you name it, they keep it. They are considered collectors. There might be a psychological reason for that. I am the opposite. If I don’t need it there’s no need to keep it around. I like open space? Here I go.....
Are you a clean freak or a collector?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way