Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The storms of life

Like the song says, the anchor holds, though the ship is battered. The anchor holds, though the sails are torn. I have fallen on my knees as I face the raging seas, but the anchor holds in spite of the storm.

These words paint a vivid picture of the storms in my life as my faith in God holds fast, just like the anchor holds, though the ship is battered. I must admit, however, there are times when it seems like my faith is tested beyond my strength and ability. My faith is what gets me through the storms in my life. When going through difficult times we need to lean more on God and trust in him. We all experience storms in our lives from time to time. God allows certain things to happen in our lives to strengthen our faith in him, because it’s only when some people are in difficult times they call upon God.

Some of these storms in our lives are caused by the devil, as in the case of Job. Some are caused by ourselves due to wrong decisions that we make. Some are caused by other people. Despite the cause the devil is behind it all. His very name stands for evil, (d)evil.

It reminds me of Jesus’ disciples who were afraid when they encountered a storm at sea while He slept. They awoke him because they were terrified and thought they were going to drown. He asked them where their faith is. Did Jesus ask them where their faith is because he thinks they should not have worried because of his presence? If so, we should not worry when we go through our own suffering if we have faith in Jesus.

Luke 8: 23 - But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy.

24 - And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

25 - And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.


Remember also the story of Job and how satan caused Job to lose everything he had owned, even his sons and livestock, yet Job never cursed God but instead he cursed the day he was born. God allowed Job to be tested, not because there was sin in Job’s life but his suffering became example for us. To read more about the suffering of Job click on this link http://www.easyenglish.info/problems/tpaou01-pbw.htm.

Job 2:3 (Whole Chapter) And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Job 2:7 (Whole Chapter) So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

_________________________________________

I am sitting here at my computer and all of a sudden I felt the house shaking. I got up and looked outside my bedroom window and noticed it was raining lightly and I can see the trees swaying back and forth in the strong wind. I thought to myself - it looks like there’s a storm coming this way. Then I heard my door bell rang. I ran downstairs to see who it could be. As I opened the door slightly a gush of wind forced it out of my hand. It was my neighbour across the street. He told me a number of shingles on my roof had blown off. I put on my coat and ran outside in the rain to see the extent of the damage. All my neighbours were outside looking at my roof. It was quite embarrassing. No houses in close proximity to me were damaged. A few houses around the city were.

It’s ironic, but I was just blogging about the storms in my life and here comes another storm. As if there’s not enough going on in my life. So now I am without a job, an income and now this. What else can happen? Like Job, I will still praise my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way