Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Couldn't Be There Today

I came across this poem today which I had saved on my computer. It was written by my sister in West Virginia for my uncle (my mom's brother) who passed away in his sleep two years ago. No one expected it to happen as we had spoken to him just a few days before and his voice was very strong. He never complained about any illness. He had lived in London, England. We all miss him very much.

He and his wife were married for over fifty years. When someone you've been married to for so many years passes away, I guess it can be compared to losing a part of your body. One year after his passing away, she followed him.

I COULDN’T BE THERE TODAY

Though we were miles apart,
We always kept in touch.
Distance was no barrier,
Of the love we feel so much.

You call me often when I was sick,
I thought that I would die.
You gave me words of encouragement,
You built my hopes up high.

Now I am ok and you are gone,
You did not say goodbye.
You slipped away quietly,
But I understand why.

You went to be with Jesus,
A place of peace and rest.
Sleep in Jesus, dear uncle,
Lay your head upon his breast.

Until that day when we reunite,
Sleep in Jesus dear uncle.
It won’t always be night.

Love,

Your niece, Jenetha.

Copyright protected

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way