Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Flowers are God's gifts to us




















Now that the warm weather is here and the frost has gone, the flowers in my small garden are finally showing life again. The roses have begun to bud. The butterfly bush and the hibiscus seem to take a while longer.

I bought two beautiful baskets of deep pink petunias today to hang on my fence. I really would have preferred if they were mixed with another colour - perhaps pink and white, but I could'nt find any. Didn't have a camera available to take a picture of them.

I am crazy about flowers. My eldest sister who lives in WV is more obsessed with flowers than I am. Everytime I phoned her and there's no answer, I know right away she's in the garden. I once bought her a small wall plaque that reads "I live in the garden, I only sleep in the house". It fits her perfectly.

Even though I like all flowers, some of my favourites are the daliahs, peony, clamatis, roses and daisies, to name a few.

I wonder how do they come up with the names for flowers. There are thousands of them. Some of the names I have a difficult time remembering. I came across this website on 'How Flowers Get Their Names' www.pss.uvm.edu/ppp/articles/flowname.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way