Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day gift

It was a beautiful day yesterday for Mother's Day. The skies were blue and the sun was shining with a nice soft, cool breeze.

I gave my mom a lovely bouquet and a big hug. My son also gave her another bouquet. He gave me a small filing cabinet, something that I needed to help me to be more organized. The piles of papers lying around on my desk must have given him a clue. I also had a BBQ dinner with him and his girlfriend and her family. I enjoyed it very much.

My mom's the best. She is a very strong and courageous lady. She took care of us six girls all by herself after my father died. When he died my oldest sister was, I believe, 18 years of age. I am sure it wasn't easy. She is now 86. She can be very humorous at times. She enjoys her solitude and prefers to be alone or with close family members rather than in large groups. Every night and every morning she sits in her chair and reads her Bible. She has a close relationship with her God.

She became very ill six months ago and was in the hospital for a few weeks. She scared us all. She has regained her strength and is now walking again. My mom is a fighter. I would not dare put a picture of her here. She is a very private person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way