Jesus carrying our sins

Jesus carrying our sins
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole Mullen

The anchor holds

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jesus Suffered, Why Shouldn't We

Things have not been the same since my mom got sick in 2009. I have lost the desire to keep posting on my blog. I do visit occasionally and post something from time to time.

I have had my share of struggles and trials. I lost my job, my mom got sick and then I had to sell my house in order to survive financially. Thank God I have not lost my sanity and my relationship with God. I often remind myself that Jesus, who is sinless, suffered when he was on this earth. I am a sinner by nature, why shouldn't I suffer. God did not promise us that we would not suffer, even if we walk with him. He said, because he suffered we also would suffer. He also said that because the world hates him they would hate us also. If we are a part of the world, the world would love us, because the world love its own.

God does not always answer our prayers immediately, sometimes he wait until the last minute. He is not doing it to tempt us but to strengthen our faith. Although we sometimes cannot see it that way. I think of Abraham who was about to plunge the knife into his son's body as a sacrifice to God, when the angel held back the hand of Abraham. God tested his faith. The Bible says that faith without works is dead.

I have a friend who had been unemployed for four years. She prayed and prayed for a job but still had not found one. Finally, when she stopped worrying and left it with God, not long after she found a job.

I am a distributor for a US company that manufactures health products, but it's not going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork - Forest Creek (Order online)

Artwork - Fate Loves the Fearless (Order online)

All Posters - Artwork

Roses will bloom again - Sherri Easter

God will make a way